Friday, January 7, 2011

Algorhythms - "Trust"





Lyrics:
blessings, greetings and welcome to the show
in case you didn't know, mankind is not alone
so deny while you can cuz you'll find it on your own

I'm back from staring the abyss down, finally
finding peace and never had to flip out violently
I'm back from a long, irresponsible breakdown
I've always wanted to take and vomit my brains out
I'm back and better than whenever you heard me
jacked off adrenaline, back from the desert and thirsty
but first we need to settle up a couple of debts
to everyone that's repping us: love and respect
thank you my friends, now Quan gave me some gems
and he's got me breaking out the graph paper again
and two thousand eight is a much darker place
so I used sharper blades to spruce up the pages
pardon the blood, just being an artist and stuff
whatever happens next, at least our particles touched
to the people who percieve me as speaking the truth
I'm nothing special and believe me, neither are you
going crazy cuz I'm staying up all night on acid?
a white kid classic, just another rite of passage
honesty is life so I gotta be concise
cuz there's a lot of kids talking shit and flopping on the mic
so welcome to the slaughterhouse, pull those dollars out
so you can watch my words coming out your daughters mouth
like, you said it was protection and said it was kindness
but the best I can say for you is everyone's lying
and nobody knew what to say when we were broken in two
and our only crime was doing what you told us to do
so don't be surprised when the voice of your kids
gets choked off the lies that you poisoned them with
yeah, freedom of choice is a bitch...deal with it
that's the real physics even if you feel different

No comments:

Algorhythms is a collaboration between producer Dr. Quandary and emcee Thirtyseven.

Dr. Quandary recently dropped his instrumental album, Beyond All Spheres of Force and Matter on World Around Records.

Thirtyseven, who also records as Humpasaur Jones, reps A∴A.

Kindred: Technoccult | Secret Sun | Skilluminati | Rigorous Intuition