Friday, January 13, 2012

Algorhythms - "Precious Little Time"



From the compilation We Are World Around Vol. 2 - World Around Records 2012.

LYRICS
look, forgive me if I play my cards close to my chest
I learned to plan for the worst and hope for the best
the only real reason for humans making music
is to clearly, honestly communicate true shit
universal blueprints for worldwide movements
I'm not saying I have it, but I probably got a few hints
packing the room, cuz that's what I do
and I got precious little time left to pass it to you

we tested out the weaponry, what's left to see
is how your trajectory connects to me, eventually
rock keg parties in Vermont with a band
watch it expand, reinvest the profits in land
yeah right, last night we didn't even get paid
but the people who came are the real reason we play
I love where I live and I build with my team
to make motherfucking sure that our children are free
home school pro tools, raise my kids right
meditation masters trained in fist fights
practice tai chi, let their mind breathe,
leaving time free to dance and climb trees
the happiest child stays active and wild
and can't even speak a sound without cracking a smile
I don't have to believe it, I've been there and seen it
this is dedicated to Obie, Chekie, Eden
and Aidan, the next generation to balance the equation
amen

at seventeen, I didn't know what dedication was
so I made it up, building scar tissue out of paper cuts
I wrote what I lived, right? you spit what you know
the problem is, then you’ve gotta live what you wrote
art is a curse, I could make a billion dollars a verse
and still be losing sleep trying to polish my work
and living with the nothing that my knowledge is worth
at least rapping for a living’s got some obvious perks
but when you're sleeping in a bag on a stranger's floor
you see freedom is a trap and go insane on tour
big on contradiction, figured you could handle it
thinking like a business, drinking like an anarchist
yeah, right, last night we didn't even get paid
but all the people who came are the real reason we play
I love where I live and I build with my team
to make motherfucking sure that our children are free

DEDICATED TO VERMONTISTAN

No comments:

Algorhythms is a collaboration between producer Dr. Quandary and emcee Thirtyseven.

Dr. Quandary recently dropped his instrumental album, Beyond All Spheres of Force and Matter on World Around Records.

Thirtyseven, who also records as Humpasaur Jones, reps A∴A.

Kindred: Technoccult | Secret Sun | Skilluminati | Rigorous Intuition